Our recipes are great “as is” or versatile enough for you to improvise. It depends on how you roll. Roll on!
From the inside out, bowls don’t crave to be Instagrammed as specimens of perfection. What you see is what you get, with no pretension. They also don’t require “difficult to find” accessories from specialty stores, in order to feel complete. They are vast in their flavor combinations and layered with textures. Their knack for variety and ability to adapt are what keeps us coming back for more.
Because bowls are humble, that’s why! They are a simple vessel for serving up “good for you” nosh. Bowls can be filled with simple
ingredients, right from the stove top, then passed casually around the table to fill bellies and open minds.
Let’s address the elephant in the room. “Healthy food” doesn’t sound appetizing to most. It signals “deprivation, boring or bland” in most cases. One of the first truths I teach… don’t use the word “healthy” in the same sentence as “food, eating or meal,” if you want to get buy in on eating better, EVER. Because of the stigma that “healthy” and “eating” have when used in tandem, I’ve got a lot of work to do educating people otherwise! Because of this uphill battle, I’m dedicated to my craft and choose to share recipes, techniques and hacks, in order to get you eating a little better.
What my bowl recipes will require:
- The humility to cook and create without pretension, and sometimes, without recipes.
- Simple ingredients comprised of some protein, carbs and a good amount of produce.
- Lots of textures that includes creamy, crispy and chewy!
- Bold flavors that include sweet, sour, bitter, salty and tons of UMAMI!
- Satisfying portions that fill our bellies and nourish our souls!